- Bring your dog for it`s morning constitutional, the best dogs can get very agitated and/or distressed if they need to ‘go’ while on the grooming table or in the bath.
- Inform the groomer of any medication`s needed, or any ongoing health problems e.g. diabetes , epilepsy, heart problems, arthritis etc.
- Ring in advance if your bitch has gone into heat. (If entire male dogs are also booked in your appointment may have to be re - scheduled)
- Always bring your dog in on a proper fitting collar/harness and lead.
- Always bring your poo bags, if your don`t have one when collecting please ask. Litter wardens are on patrol and groomers have neighbours too!
- Wash your dog the night before a grooming session, no matter how smelly or dirty. Dirty dogs are what we do!! Washing a dog with mats or tangles can be the difference between saving a coat or shaving it all off and starting again!!
- Wash your dog the morning of it`s grooming session and bring it in wet or allow them to have a swim on the way. See above… the pre bath brushout is the most important part of the grooming process.
- Feed your dog the morning of it`s grooming appointment, if you have a morning appointment unless medically necessary. What goes in must come out!! Waiting a few hours for breakfast will not harm a healthy dog.
- Forget to warn the groomer if your ‘baby’ has a temper. We can deal with most behaviours as long as we know in advance!! Forewarned is forearmed!!
- Forget to ring in if you are going to be late , the dog is unwell , you are not sure of your appointment time or date, or if you cannot make your appointment (other people are waiting for appointments)